With a mission of creating more sustainable black businesses, join The GAP for $199 from April 1 - May 24, 2024 for an eight-week hybrid (in-person and virtual) bootcamp.The bootcamp consists of weekly classes facilitated by industry experts on various necessary facets of a successful black business to include organizational structure; systems, policies, and procedures; accounting; taxes; cost build up; business credit and funding; marketing and public relations; government contracting; and customer service. The GAP will convene with the 3rd Annual Black Wall Street Black Business Expo to be held on June 1, 2024.
Open Enrollment: September 1 - December 31 annually
The GAP is an ode to the three streets that ran through Black Wall Street, Greenwood, Archer, and Pine streets, in Tulsa, Oklahoma before it was destroyed in the Tulsa Race Massacre. It is also the pillar of TFLI's efforts to close the wealth gap that has existed between African Americans and its counterparts since the Tulsa Race Massacre.
The enrollment fee of $199 per business owner covers one (1) program workbook, a course directorate consisting of all teachers and students, and one (1) vendor booth in the 3rd Annual Black Wall Street Black Business Expo upon completion of the program* (Completion is achieved by attending seven (7) of the eight (8) weeks of the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I participate even if I haven't started my business yet?
Yes. The GAP is for both current and aspiring business owners.
2. Do I have to be in Atlanta to participate in The GAP?
No. The GAP will be both in-person and online. Upon enrolling, you will be able to select your method of participate whether in-person or online.
3. If I miss more than one week of class, will I still get a complimentary vendor booth at the 3rd Annual Black Wall Street Black Business Expo?
No. You must be in attendance at least seven (7) out of the eight (8) weeks of class to receive your complimentary vendor booth.
4. If I have more than one business, will I be able to receive more than one complimentary vendor booth at the 3rd Annual Black Wall Street Black Business Expo?
No. Only one vendor booth will be provided per GAP enrollee.
5. Can I give my complimentary vendor booth to another black-owned business?
No. Complimentary vendor booths are only for businesses who complete The GAP Program.
6. How long is each class?
Each class is 2 hours. It will consist of 1.5 hours of instructional time and 30 minutes for Q&A.
7. If I do not complete the program, can my enrollment fee be refunded?
Refunds of enrollment fees will be optional until March 9, 2023 after which no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
8. Where will class be held for participants attending in person?
The location of class for in-person participants will be announced at a later date and will also be emailed to all in-person attendees.
9. Can I write the enrollment fee for this program off on my taxes?
Yes. Your participation in this program would be considered a business expense and is fully tax-deductible.
10. Can I bring others with me to attend class?
No. Only registered enrollees who have paid the enrollment fee are permitted to participate in The GAP.
11. When is enrollment for the GAP?
Enrollment occurs annually from September 1 - December 31. Any enrollment inquiries received after the deadline will be slated for the following year's class.